Joanna has designed and woven many custom-sized storage baskets for shelving units, hutches and benches. She has made triangular baskets for cabinet makers and under-bed storage baskets for day-beds. She has woven hot air balloon baskets for theme park displays and intricate flower girl baskets for weddings. She has created carrying baskets for a personal chef’s catering service and one-of-a-kind baby baskets for photographers.
We will get back to you and possibly design something new to fit your exact specifications. Joanna loves new ideas and challenges.
Requesting a Custom Storage Basket
When contacting us about arranging a custom order, read through the following tips and then launch the custom project estimator.
- Joanna uses a computer program to calculate the price for each piece, so email is the best way of communication to protect against transcribing error in the dimensions.
- Cost is calculated according to size.
- Calculate the size of the baskets you desire by follwing the instructions below:
- Record the dimensions of the cubby or shelf where the basket will go, then subtract ½” from each side, ½” from the top, and ½” from the front-to-back measurements to allow wiggle room for the basket to slide in and out of the space.
- Please be careful to submit the sizes of the baskets you'd like, not the size of the spaces the baskets will fill.
- Customary measurements are as follows:
- Baskets with larger dimensions are constructed on a wooden base to ensure the stability of the basket. The need for that base is determined when we create the pattern for your order.
- Handle holes can be woven into the basket based on your preference. Please indicate on which sides (the width sides or the depth sides) the handle holes should be placed.
- Visit our Colors & Finishes page to see the available water-based and oil-based stain options.
- Customized stain options are available at additional charge. Please visit the Minwax Stain Color Guide website to choose from the wood finish or water-based stain options.
- We dry each custom basket in a wooden frame to ensure the correct shape and size of the piece.
- The drying time varies depending on humidity and stain choice. Most orders take at least 4-5 days after staining to dry enough to ship.
- Oil-based stains do have an odor that dissipates as the finish fully cures in the drying process. If your basket still has that odor, place it in a breezy, sunny spot to hasten the curing process.
- Shipping costs are calculated according to each piece/order. Some larger pieces (girth + length that exceeds 84 inches) usually cost a minimum of $30.00 each to ship. That is exactly what the Post Office charges us.
- Additional design features are available for discussion. Feel free to present your ideas, and we’ll work together to achieve your customized request.
- Please visit our basket blog for more pictures and examples of custom work, and thank you for your interest.
Launch the Custom Project Estimator